Eating fuels us to be spiritually fit.
I started doing CrossFit a few months ago and I love it! The greatest thing about CrossFit is that it is all about being a well-rounded athlete. You have to be good at a lot of different exercises to be successful. You cannot just be great runner or have a ton of muscles. The goal is to be as fit as possible. To be ready to for whatever life throws at you. I am developing my fitness and I have not felt this physically fit since high school. Developing your physical fitness is important but it is even more important to be spiritually fit.
““Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
1 Timothy 4:8
When I workout my coach gives us exercises to do that help develop our strength in different areas. We should have exercises that help us develop our spiritual strength also. Here are a few workouts to help you get started.
– Bible.com – A great online Bible resource. You can download this app on your smartphone or visit the website. They have lots of reading plans to help you read the Bible and you can track your progress and send yourself reminders so you don’t fall behind. They also have audio versions of the Bible to listen to in your car or while you work. They have created a Bible app for kids that is absolutely amazing. My kids love it! This a great free tool that every Christian should use.
– Connect Movement App – You maybe reading this on our website, but we also have an app where you can read our daily devotions and watch our weekly teaching videos. We release great new resources daily and weekly that help you connect with people and connect with God. It will always be free and you can find it in the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.
– Connect Communities – We all need a group of people to do life with. Get a group of friends together on a weekly basis to learn from each other, laugh together and intentionally point each other to Jesus. We will help you!
– Podcasts – One of my favorite ways to grow my faith is by listening to amazing teachers of God’s Word. Some of my favorite teachers are Andy Stanley, Perry Noble, Steven Furtick, and Rick Warren. These guys are some of the most gifted teachers in the world, and we can learn a lot from their messages.
– Books – There are so many great authors you can learn from. Some of my favorites are: Andy Stanley, Steven Furtick, Francis Chan, David Platt, John Maxwell, Mark Batterson, Hugh Halter, Bob Goff and many more.
– Music – I believe music is a powerful tool to help us connect with God. There is a ton of great worship music out there, and in the near future Connect Movement will be producing music to help you connect with God also! Some of my favorite bands to worship with are: Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Rend Collective, Bethel Music, Passion, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, Elevation Worship, Newspring Worship, and All Sons and Daughters.
– Journal – Go get a journal and carry it around with you. Sometimes you just need to put a pen on paper instead of your fingers on a screen to process your thoughts.